Thursday, June 21, 2007

More About Bergen

We are overawed at how beautiful Bergen is.

Toda we have visited museums. We visited the hanseatic museum located in an old timber building in the old medieval quarter near the harbour. We also called in at the Schotstuene which was the original communal meeting place of the merchants. We also looked at the "Mary Church" that dates from the 12 th century.

We again wandered the cobblestoned streets, marvelling at the timber buildings and the great old ships. At the moment there are 7 cruise ships in the port so we also had to contend with a few rich Americans puffing cigars.

Tomorrow we are off to ride the Flam Railway and visit the nearby fiords.

3 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your computer desk.
I'll publish on my blog!.
And if you want link me your blog, so I’ll publish on mine.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Miss Di said...

I was amazed to read on the Flam Railway website that it has "historical traditions reaching back to pre-Christian times". Gee those Vikings were advanced!

The photos I saw on the webcam were pretty spectacular but you wouldn't want to be afraid of heights

theotherbear said...

Cobblestone streets look pretty but are hell in high heels, so I hope you packed sensible shoes.