Sunday, June 17, 2007

More Puffin Magic

We are back on the mainland of Shetland having travelled from Unst via Fetlar and Yell. We have seen many amazing sights expecially the incredible coastline and the barren countryside especially in the sub arctic desert.

Today we have been down to the south and had an amazing sighting of puffins where they were sitting only a metre from us. They are beautiful birds and it was a magical experience. We can't wait to show you the photos. Sorry we can't post any of them.

Later this afternoon, we sail to the Faroe Islands. This will be the most remote spot we have been to. We have our seasick tablets at hand.

Next blog will be from Scandinavia.

3 comments:

theotherbear said...

Drink ginger beer - ginger is good for seasickness.
I wish you could post photos. I can't wait to see the puffins!
Are you far north enough to see Santa? If so, tell him I have been VERY good this year.

Miss Di said...

I have photos to show you too. Of a big big ship sitting on a little beach. Can't quite see it from home, there is a building in the way but I could see it clearly when I rode my bike to work last week.

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys! Boy you sound like you are having fun as I am laughing as I read your diary. Fine on the island although wild weather. Lots of rain. No damage. Near flooding (we did get close). Might clear lake out. Glad to hear that you are having a great time. Can't wait to see the photos. Jetti says hello and is growing. I have shoes she has stolen from who know where. Safe traveling.